Your Weather 2023

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good news is we have more rain recently, but the bad news is, without heatwaves from the south, our summer is a bit too cold for all warmth-loving plants.
1690383967791.png

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a strong storm roll through early this morning; but fortunately, we were on the northern edge, so didn't get the full fury. My plants look a little beaten down, and I passed one fallen tree further down the road. A lot of thunder, but no hail, and only about 1/2" of rain. It probably scared those here for EAA though, with their planes parked in open fields. :hide

Dunno, might still have to water the rural garden later - it was so dry there that the rain will probably be fully absorbed & the ground dry by later this afternoon. The remaining weeds will be easier to remove from the now-moistened soil, if I can tolerate the heat. in this weather, I don't go out there until late afternoon.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i get out in the morning while it is still cool enough and today was no different. got some weeding done and then that was enough. nice breeze.

rain coming closer, not sure how much will get here until it hits the ground.

the way we've been having power outages the next time we lose power for more than 5 minutes we'll get a $35 credit on our power bill (within 90 days)...

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big storms just North of us now, with a lot of warnings in northern Wisconsin; but they seem to be having trouble working their way South. Hopefully the delay means the storms weaken before reaching us. I'm not really worried about my gardens... but I went to the EAA convention yesterday, and am concerned for the hundreds of parked planes & thousands of tent campers currently on the EAA grounds. Strong winds could really be disastrous. :(

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had about a quarter inch of rain yesterday, the storms this morning went south of us, more rain in the forecast for tonight and into the early morning. so we'll see what happens...

hot and humid forecast for today but at least no smoke. my lungs have been aching some days the past few months. i can tolerate some humidity but not that much smoke.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had 3 in a row of a total of 4 July 2023 days of a below average temperature. That was nice but, since this is our "average" hottest week of the year, it was still kinda h.o.t ;).

Now it is averaging out again and may  bump above that tomorrow but be back where it might be expected to be through, at least, the early part of the next week. Average high is 90°f (32°C).

@ducks4you , the Weather Service says that your central part of Illinois will be dang hot next week. I hope that you and yours are ready to find ways to be comfortable.

Steve

Latest posts