Your Weather, 2024

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
IMG_1645.jpeg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we had a few drops of rain last night. maybe we'll get some from these storms that look like they may come through later today. we did mow this morning, but it really wasn't much that had grown from last time so i didn't bother mowing the whole south side, i just ran along the edge with the blades set really low to keep the edge down. plus i really didn't want to see the mess the guy made with the mower.

pretty thick out there now (warm and humid) i feel like i'm breathing pea soup.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dahlia I agree the PNW usually is in a drought from July til Dec.
Actually this is the weather we had 25 years ago before climate change. I’m enjoying the break from constant watering, and so are the ground well pumps.
Just a lazy day which I don’t get many of those until Dec.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rain started last night and should continue through to tomorrow morning-- yay! I got to spend the day baking bread and starting seeds indoors for a change. We are very grateful for this moisture. It's hardly rained for a month, and the ground was beginning to look very parched. Warm weather will arrive once the rain stops, so a lovely summer week in our area.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rain started last night and should continue through to tomorrow morning-- yay! I got to spend the day baking bread and starting seeds indoors for a change. We are very grateful for this moisture. It's hardly rained for a month, and the ground was beginning to look very parched. Warm weather will arrive once the rain stops, so a lovely summer week in our area.
What kind of bread did you bake? When I bake bread I usually make French bread, wheat bread, or sourdough bread. My mom used to bake a most amazing beer bread. I should get that recipe from her...

Latest posts