Your Weather, 2024

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
not that i disagree with you but we also have had a hand in making it worse IMO by monocultural plantings and also not allowing fires to burn in the past which would have thinned out some of the extra fuel.
Of course yes , there’s a lot more to add to the climate change issue.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it rained pretty well here last night and early this morning. :) it wasn't getting super dry yet but this is still welcome as then it means i don't have to spend time watering but also that i'm taking the day off from weeding. not that i really can afford it but the muddy mess makes it into a project which takes twice as long and so to take a break to let the mud settle is a fair exchange plus i can get a few other things done inside that are staring at me. yes, this is all a perfect example of justification after the fact, but i'll take it... :) :) :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve gotten over 4 feet of rain since January. This is a rural county, most roads are dirt with rock mixed in. My road got so bad that I had to leave my car at church several times, riding my Kawasaki mule to the car. Naturally it would often be raining when I got back, so splashing through the ponds of water in the road, getting wet from below and above was not a pleasant experience. LOL I had to leave my car at the church for 1 1/2 months in early spring. Aggravating.

The county commissioner and crew have been doing their best and have had wind storms toppling trees across roads several times plus a hurricane.

I have called him to ask for help on the road, other neighbors have called, finally we collaborated our efforts and it paid off. Normally there is a river in the road in front of my farm, one lady, trying to get home after work drove through it and got to spend $11,000 on a new engine this past February. It gets really bad.

From our concentrated phone calls, we finally got results. Monday and Tuesday the road graders showed up, probably 8 belly dump loads of rock were put down and spread. In places the road was still wet enough to squish the rock down in the dirt and seat it good. I can’t tell yall how excited I am, waiting in the next big rainfall to rest out the road!

We got the yearly average of rain in the first 6 months. Enjoying the sunshine!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It rained!

It made a difference but 0.08 of an inch of rain yesterday, it ain't much. Then, we had about 5 minutes of rain this morning. It rained fairly hard!

IMG_1041.jpeg
Took the dog (and his friend for a walk this morning) ....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I KNOW that the temperatures have been wicked hot in the NW, like Idaho where @digitS' lives, but we are getting a couple of days of low 90's with mid 70's dewpoints, meaning heat indexis of 115, that is, the "feels like" temperatures.
I tried SO HARD to garden today, but I couldn't bring myself to bear the heat.
By Wednesday the high will be 77.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was perfect out there. lower humidity, mid-70sF and a breeze. today it is calm with no breeze and likely to get to the low 80sF. no rains in the forecast for the next four or five days and about the same temperatures.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Do you anticipate being affected by hurricane Debby Heirloomgal? I saw that it was headed towards southern Ontario. Not fun.
I haven't heard of this @Branching Out, so I'm guessing it won't affect the north.

52F/11C tomorrow night and not much better afterwards. Ugh. :sick

Latest posts