Your Weather, 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we did get some rain, pretty heavy at times, not sure if there was much hail, but the thunder and lightning woke me up. it is still raining as the trailing edge of the storm seems to keep spawning more rain. very warm and humid out there too for this early in the morning. later on 22F more degrees piling on. turned on the AC to get the house cooled off and dehumidified before it gets hot later.

the roof leak is still there but not as bad as before. just a few drops. i got pictures so perhaps they will help the roofing guy to find it...

we really needed a good soaker so this certainly was welcome, but it came down quick so not as much will have soaked in as i'd have liked, but we'll certainly take it and i'm glad to not have to water this morning. a quick survey of the gardens things seem to have held up ok, peppers are not laying sideways and bean sprouts are still there.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tropical storm on the way, Houston weather liars are gleefully hyping it up to send people into spasms of hysteria. Floods! Heavy rains! Possible evacuation! And on and on. And a new one, Hurricane Anxiety! Yes, I guess it is a new medical diagnosis, Hurricane Anxiety. More than likely it qualifies the suffering for massive doses of a calming agent of some sort. Runs at the grocery stores for bread and milk. The fun starts tomorrow with rains of anywhere from 2” to a foot of rain.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
hail ... some geographical reason for that?
I suspect that tornado alley has a greater chance for hailstorms.

The Intermountain NW is referred to as a Basin by some, a Plateau by others. High mountains are on the east and west. The weather moves generally from the south but the vast Pacific Ocean is just a few hundred miles west.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
After 3 days with No Warming above mid-60's F (18⁰C), 2 mornings with Lows in the 30's F (4⁰C), too much Wind, and

Being Caught Outdoors during a Hailstorm while running an errand —

I have turned the house furnace back on!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ive said it before but it bears repeating; Sorry you guys live in such a hostile environment!😂

Of course in about 30 min. That can change around here.

5 minutes here. the forecast last week for this week included no rain. now we have chances of rain each day and evening and are actually getting rains! no, i'm not complaining. the heat and humidity are ferocious though for both of us. i am trying to get us both to be more tolerant but that will take time. about the time we acclimated it changes back to cooler again. :) :) :)

i'd say lather, rinse, repeat, but i'm now just suspecting it's all been a weatherman marketing gimick...

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After 3 days with No Warming above mid-60's F (18⁰C), 2 mornings with Lows in the 30's F (4⁰C), too much Wind, and

Being Caught Outdoors during a Hailstorm while running an errand —

I have turned the house furnace back on!
We have turned our heater back on as well. I hope summer comes soon!