2024 Little Easy Bean Network - Growing Heirloom Beans Of Today And Tomorrow

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The Deaflora store has the correct Gold und Silber seeds, that's where the ones I sowed in 2023 come from.

I have written to Deaflora and Guy Dirix about this bean. I'm curious to see their responses.
Keep us posted @Artorius. I'd love to hear the story of this bean, and about this outcross that @Decoy1 and I have. I wonder if our twin beans are originally from the same gene pool.

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I discovered an inadvertent perk of my new trellis; typically I lean the tall poles against the shed, or the eave of the house. Somewhere tall since I cut the trees to about 12 feet or more. But they always slide sideways and fall, and usually need to be put back several times a day. I lose beans when they do this too, as the crash can make pods erupt as happened several times in the last 2 weeks. Finally I have a solution! lol
IMG_3290.JPG

Tried for a better pic of the Purple Dove cross.
IMG_3356.JPG
IMG_3347.JPG

Got a comparison picture of Santa Maria Pinquito with rice and lentils. It's under my stove range hood so lighting is off, but the size perspective is there. 3 grains of rice is equivalent in size to it, as is a lentil!
IMG_3360.JPG

Last edited: