Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
My favorite cold cereals as a kid were Captain Crunch (the regular flavor, not the berry flavor) and Lucky Charms. When I was feeling healthy, I'd eat a croissant dipped in hot chocolate. (The hot chocolate packets that you are supposed to add hot water to, but instead I'd add whole milk! ) 😋

i always wanted to take the Lucky Charms marshmallows and count them to make sure we had enough of each for everyone. i also liked eating the red berries from the Captain Crunch but was also happy with the plain version. a reasonable breakfast here could be hot chocolate with well buttered toast, dunked or not - it's the winter version of dunking french fries in the malted chocolate shake. it is not winter now, but with the AC on sometimes it may feel that ways.

recently i'm making my cereal with half milk and half water since i am using a lot of liquid in the bowl. i need that liquid to get soaked into the bran flakes as they stew for a few minutes in the microwave. otherwise my name for the bran flakes (aka wood chips) may become too accurate as they turn into petrified wood as my intestines ponder the meaning of such...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
the other day, when weeding the quackgrass roots out of the clay clumps i was using a small hand rake to beat the clumps and hit my thumb, right above the nail in the real painful spot to have a cut.

after a few hours i came in and removed my garden glove and cleaned it up and put some liquid bandage on it (ouch like heck at first but it does help). of course i had to show Mom my booboo and the liquid bandage, she thought it was a miracle, i really like it too.

i still have some on.

this morning i wake up and i look at my finger and the booboo is completely gone, it's like a miracle again! no pain, completely gone. i show Mom it's gone. we're both amazed. then i go to do my morning wee and i start laughing because i'd shown her the wrong finger (it was my thumb i smacked). we've been giggling about this all morning... :)

of course, pre-coffee... :) :) :)

but it does show how pain free the booboo has become with the protective coating of the liquid bandage over it that i didn't even notice my thumb hurting at all.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wikipedia tells us that a liquid bandage is a polymer. Wikipedia also tells us that super glue is a polymer. Accompanying Dad on his frequent visits to emergency rooms and doctor's offices introduced me to its use. Well, the commercial bandage may be more appropriate if it has antiseptic and isn't quite as difficult to handle.

The last time I was applying superglue in a project, I glued the tube to my digitS'. Result from a very hasty removal was peeling skin off!

Finished my cold cereal and 61⁰f (16⁰C) air whirling through the house with all the fans running and strategic windows open and doors closed. No shirt on but my hot herbal tea is appreciated. Teevee on and captioning is ridiculous for local news. Oh, the "banner" text is scrolling endlessly or flashing on and off madly. Captioning on and then off before anchors are finished with story or, simply, never on while reporter babbles.

Could check their website but then pop-up ads are constant and videos with no captioning are standard. Blah Blah Blah ... I will finish my tea and try not to be negatively distracted by the bigger screen, eh?

digitS', scratching for information in wider world

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wikipedia tells us that a liquid bandage is a polymer.

it is clear and shiny when dried but will peel off if needed. seems to stick pretty well to my thumbnail but i've not tried to seriously scrape it off yet. still healing up, but looks much nicer now than it did two days ago. also applying fresh layers is not stinging as much so at least it is healing.

also it does stay on in water if you don't rub it hard, like i did the dishes this evening and it's still on and looks fine.

super glue now also comes in a gel form which does not creep so much via capillary action so if you use that type you may avoid some stuck fingers and having to peel off some skin to get unstuck. i hope this is useful information... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
sniff ... sneeze ... sniff ... blooooww ... sniff ...

Good Heavens. The nose is absolutely in torment!

Record high temperature but 11% humidity? Beezy today, heaven knows what is blowing around. I have gone to allergy eye drops – that helps. Allergy pill ... will rinse out nose.

Coffee soon! That will help. I have always appreciated hot drinks during hot weather and some folks don't understand that but being a resident of the Wild West may explain it.

theve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
See your house, @ninnymary ? I think that I do.

Screenshot_20240711_082120_Threads.jpg

1776 José de Cañizares

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Breakfast, banana pancakes and mango slices with oolong. Going tropical ;). The heat has improved towards more tolerable. It was 57⁰f (14⁰C) at sunrise. The haze predicted wasn't really visible but the air quality monitors tell us "moderate" has replaced good. Wildfire smoke, of course it is to be expected. A fairly large fire on the dry side of the Cascades, bordering Washington's apple country. Wind has carried the smoke over here. It will be unpleasant to feel the benefits from checking on the smoke again.

i'm not having quite so much trouble with sneezing and all this morning. Down to very low humidity again yesterday. Maybe I am adapting.

Steve 🌵

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Good morning! It's been a while, and the business for my small to-go coffee shop is gradually picking up. It's not a expected or planned chapter, but so far, with this small shop, we know a lot of lovely people.

Let me share what I made for today:

Lemon and Blueberry Mille Crêpe Cake, made with love and a lot of patience.
23423_0.jpg

23424_0.jpg

Strawberry Cheesecake with homegrown wild strawberries and raspberries, and a chocolate cookie crust as the bottom layer. The wildstrawberry plants I divided and transplanted in a raised bed grow so nicely and bear much much bigger fruits now - 100% qualified for using them to decorate my cakes. And we know, the taste of wild strawberries are so wonderful.

All the herbs I grow are not only used for making tea, but also for decorating all kinds of cakes.
23439_0.jpg

The sugar creme between cookies were removed - no love for that. I just used the chocolate cookie for the bottom crust.
23464.jpg

Pear and Pine Nut Tart: Made with rich almond crème, fresh pears, and roasted pine nuts – perfect for those who prefer less sugar and whipped cream
23426_0.jpg

The iconic Japanese sweet bread 'Anpan', with red bean paste
23428_0.jpg

23450.jpg

Two cake rolls for today: coffee and Earl Grey tea, fluffy good old friends.
Coffee roll with pecan and 90% chocolate (I used a peeler to break black chocolate into much smaller pieces, a good trick)
23430_0.jpg

I love how people enjoy their food and drinks here, very satisfying.
23469.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good morning! It's been a while, and the business for my small to-go coffee shop is gradually picking up. It's not a expected or planned chapter, but so far, with this small shop, we know a lot of lovely people.

Let me share what I made for today:

Lemon and Blueberry Mille Crêpe Cake, made with love and a lot of patience.
View attachment 67039
View attachment 67040

Strawberry Cheesecake with homegrown wild strawberries and raspberries, and a chocolate cookie crust as the bottom layer. The wildstrawberry plants I divided and transplanted in a raised bed grow so nicely and bear much much bigger fruits now - 100% qualified for using them to decorate my cakes. And we know, the taste of wild strawberries are so wonderful.

All the herbs I grow are not only used for making tea, but also for decorating all kinds of cakes.
View attachment 67041
The sugar creme between cookies were removed - no love for that. I just used the chocolate cookie for the bottom crust.
View attachment 67042

Pear and Pine Nut Tart: Made with rich almond crème, fresh pears, and roasted pine nuts – perfect for those who prefer less sugar and whipped cream
View attachment 67043

The iconic Japanese sweet bread 'Anpan', with red bean paste
View attachment 67044

View attachment 67045

Two cake rolls for today: coffee and Earl Grey tea, fluffy good old friends.
Coffee roll with pecan and 90% chocolate (I used a peeler to break black chocolate into much smaller pieces, a good trick)
View attachment 67046

I love how people enjoy their food and drinks here, very satisfying.
View attachment 67047
Everything you make looks scrumptious! I'll have the Lemon and Blueberry Mille Crêpe Cake for breakfast with my coffee! 😋

Latest posts