Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finished my bowl of Kix and Cheerios. But, there is more – another 2 boxes on the shelf below. Yes, lately I have been on a kick.

Sprinklers running. Air quality is more than halfway through moderate to unhealthy for some .... wildfire smoke, in such rugged, mountainous country on the east side of the Cascades that little is being done.

The WS missed by a lot, yesterday. The afternoon temperatures were supposed to go over 100⁰f (38⁰C). Never made it out of the low 90's. This is what happens with smoke. No surprise that the meteorologists find it difficult to know how dense it will be.

Time to move sprinklers 🏃‍♂️

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1018.jpeg
Okay, it's a duplicate cartoon ;). Can't think of much else except what I need to do today and how to do it while avoiding the heat. Supposed to be 100⁰f (38⁰C) today and 106⁰f (41⁰C), Sunday! It will be Thursday before we see a drop down below 90⁰ (32C), you know, "normal" for the hottest time of the year.

Steve

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, both crack addict level cereals, but i pretty much liked them all including the Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat (which we called bales of hay, but it is hard to find plain ones any more - as a hot cereal we poured coffee or hot chocolate over them).

breakfast this morning was bran flakes doctored with hot chocolate mix. normally plain is fine for me but today i wanted something different.
I really liked Shredded Wheat with I think hot water poured over. I don't remember what it was now. I think hot water. That does not sound as good as your hot chocolate. lol

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Four AM, Full Moon shining like a 10 Dollar gold coin in the sky 🎑. I have the big exhaust fan in the South Window, various fans on throughout the house, kitchen window open. It is only 67⁰f (19⁰C) outdoors but then, it was only 73⁰ indoors and there are lots of air dynamics going on. Probably feel the need for the air conditioner early after the fans go off and windows closed in about 3 hours. WS predicting a record breaking 106 (41⁰C) for the afternoon. Think our bathtowels will dry on the line :D?

Kettle of herbal tea brewing on the stove ... Cream of Wheat ready to go in the bowls ... California melons (cantaloupe and galia) already sliced.

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really liked Shredded Wheat with I think hot water poured over. I don't remember what it was now. I think hot water. That does not sound as good as your hot chocolate. lol

commonly it was weak coffee for us or warm milk if we were going for a warm cereal version.

i think hot chocolate would be much better (and slower :) )...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Can you imagine? It is 51⁰f (11⁰C) in my neighborhood right now. Twelve hours ago, it was 90f (32C) :). Big cool down from Sunday – yesterday was a hot, Summer day and DW & I ran some afternoon errands. I asked, "it's hot but can you imagine us out doing this any recent afternoon?!"

Having my peanut butter and banana sandwich breakfast, Bing cherries and a cup of oolong on the side. Thinking about a shirt tail relative I once had. I say once because he died a few years ago, I don't think he made it past 60. He weighed about 400 pounds and it was a little surprising that he could walk by then. Seemed to be one of those guys who appreciated taking up a lot of space ...

I've met his son a few times – guy about 35. He might have learned a couple of things from his father. Big guy but more tall than overweight. Everytime I go by his house, it seems that he has a new sign up. Everything from Security by ... to Beware of Dog – 2 of those altho the dog belongs to his wife and she left with it and the 2 toddlers several months ago.

Anyway, 7 signs (i stopped to count) including one with the picture of a gun and he has put up a Don't Tread on Me flag. I wonder what the heck he is scared of and if this was any kind of lesson his father was hoping to teach him.

Time for a cup of herbal tea and then have to get the laundry out on the line. Mow the lawn ... maybe even wait until afternoon to do that! I know my land baroness neighbor likes to sleep late but, I think that she may not be over there. Her parents live at a higher elevation in MT and her brother was by with his RV yesterday. Maybe they ran off to the mountains while the gittin was good.

Steve, gossip gossip gossip geezer

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We used those big coffee machines for many years . Used coffee beans. The machine ground the beans the programmable menu had differnt choices like mocha , espresso etc. and a milk frother/warmer. It was a pain to clean . After a few years gears and grinder gets wonky. Went thr 4-5 machines.
After each cup had to empty out the coffee grounds. Take apart the frother and fill with beans. 10 minutes.
Then following YouTube instructions maintenance to take them apart and clean gears , grinder , water reservoir bean compartment.

Now I use The Nija coffee espresso machine with milk frother and use coffee pods. No mess no fuss. Now it takes less than a minute for a coffee mocha. Just pop in the pod add white chocolate syrup then coffe added from the ninja - pod , froth milk heated in micro wave. And,… Boom in and out of the kitchen in less than 2 minutes. No complicated clean up. Easy Peasy.

Latest posts