Coffee

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We used those big coffee machines for many years . Used coffee beans. The machine ground the beans the programmable menu had differnt choices like mocha , espresso etc. and a milk frother/warmer. It was a pain to clean . After a few years gears and grinder gets wonky. Went thr 4-5 machines.
After each cup had to empty out the coffee grounds. Take apart the frother and fill with beans. 10 minutes.
Then following YouTube instructions maintenance to take them apart and clean gears , grinder , water reservoir bean compartment.

Now I use The Nija coffee espresso machine with milk frother and use coffee pods. No mess no fuss. Now it takes less than a minute for a coffee mocha. Just pop in the pod add white chocolate syrup then coffe added from the ninja - pod , froth milk heated in micro wave. And,… Boom in and out of the kitchen in less than 2 minutes. No complicated clean up. Easy Peasy.
I usually just use a French press to make my coffee and I grind fresh beans daily. It is easy and fast to rinse out after use and it makes delicious coffee! If I am only making one cup of coffee I will sometimes use my small espresso maker.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240724_193345_Chrome.jpg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I order coffee from Hawaii . Since a visit to the state and to the coffee plantations , tasting their coffee’s ….. I have been obsessed with Kona coffee. Not bitter , harsh just smooth . Makes a great cuppuccino or mocha. I never drank coffee until Kona coffee . Been hooked ever since.

I cannot seem to find any coffee in stores or coffee shops that are not bitter once brewed.
Anyone have a special coffee that is not bitter?

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Blue

Mountain
Ok blue mtn.. looked on Amazon they have several blends in pods . Which roast or blend do you recommend.
I generally prefer a light roast. Not as bitter as dark. I haven’t tried Jamaican coffee. It’s worth a try , time to order new pods any way. Thanks.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No coffee connoisseur – I certainly didn't take my 2 cups each day very far.

And, too mild is not my choice. Still, too often coffee upset my stomach. MD told me to stop, any and all. It was too much of a sacrifice.

Whole bean? What I did was work out a compromise with Colombian and Coffig (roasted and ground figs) at 50:50. Some almond milk ... I'm content :).

Steve

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Coffig never heard of that. Something new every day. Ground dogs mmm… sounds healtnker if you have to go that route.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I order coffee from Hawaii . Since a visit to the state and to the coffee plantations , tasting their coffee’s ….. I have been obsessed with Kona coffee. Not bitter , harsh just smooth . Makes a great cuppuccino or mocha. I never drank coffee until Kona coffee . Been hooked ever since.

I cannot seem to find any coffee in stores or coffee shops that are not bitter once brewed.
Anyone have a special coffee that is not bitter?
My kids love Hammerhead Coffee; Roast: Whatcom Dark or Velvet Elvis. I'm not very particular with coffee as long as it's organic. I just drink organic coffee from Trader Joe's or the organics brand from Safeway. Pretty boring! Lol

Latest posts