Coffee

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Banana pancakes and Bing cherries for breakfast , oolong and now time for the herbal. The Robins have slowed on bringing cherry seeds to the blue fountain in the backyard. The fruit season must be winding down for the big tree in the neighbor's yard, 3 doors down. And, no, I didn't join the Robins swiping fruit from the neighbors ;). Evidence — those are Rainier.

Have to carry sheets out to the line ... they may end up a little smoky but our air is showing up a little clearer than forecast, bottom end of Good. Most of the bad wildfire smoke is about 100 miles west and 100 miles south. Really bad in eastern Oregon and that part of Idaho. They have evacuated an entire small town on the ID side because of wildfire. DS is okay in Portland but I'm not sure how family is doing in NE Oregon.

On to the mattress cover ...

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I order coffee from Hawaii . Since a visit to the state and to the coffee plantations , tasting their coffee’s ….. I have been obsessed with Kona coffee. Not bitter , harsh just smooth . Makes a great cuppuccino or mocha. I never drank coffee until Kona coffee . Been hooked ever since.

I cannot seem to find any coffee in stores or coffee shops that are not bitter once brewed.
Anyone have a special coffee that is not bitter?
I used to order Kona coffee once a year from a facebook friend who lives on a coffee plantation in Hawaii. With my husband gone, and my little coffee grinder also gone, I've only bought coffee recently once or twice, just organic grocery store ground coffee that I keep in the freezer. I drink more tea than coffee these days; I like coffee but it bothers my stomach as I get older. My sister when she visits a few times each year drinks coffee so she uses some of my supply. I don't mind bitter, so any kind of coffee is OK with me.

I do love espresso though, but even your simpler machine for making it sounds too complicated for me. I have a one cup pour-over drip coffee maker - the direct way to make coffee and the easy way to clean up after!

Last edited:

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I guess I’m a cheater coffee drinker. I never could drink just plain drip coffee. I started drinking mochas, (flavored coffee), mixedwith milk , sugar and white chocolate sauce. So the mixture is ruffly , 1” or so of concentrated coffee, mixed with 3” of foamy hot milk with added flavor sauce to taste.
This way it is not a tummy issue for me.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I’m a cheater coffee drinker. I never could drink just plain drip coffee. I started drinking mochas, (flavored coffee), mixedwith milk , sugar and white chocolate sauce. So the mixture is ruffly , 1” or so of concentrated coffee, mixed with 3” of foamy hot milk with added flavor sauce to taste.
This way it is not a tummy issue for me.

ice-cream never upsets my stomach...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_1028.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bowl of cereal: banana slices, rice chex, cherrios, blueberry mini wheat, and banana slices againon top. Of course you can opt for just one or different combo, for Kix.

;) There's also blueberries but I have a bowl of melon pieces. Oolong – A big mug.

Sprinklers need to run. There's daylight!

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Bowl of cereal: banana slices, rice chex, cherrios, blueberry mini wheat, and banana slices againon top. Of course you can opt for just one or different combo, for Kix.

;) There's also blueberries but I have a bowl of melon pieces. Oolong – A big mug.

Sprinklers need to run. There's daylight!

Steve
Sounds tasty! I'm having a blueberry banana shake, an egg burrito, and lots of coffee! 😁

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bowl:
Blueberries in the bottom, Kix, Rice Chex, Banana on top.
Second Bowl: sliced Peach

Oolong is in the cup.

I don't think that I can eat much of the peach ;).

A day to run sprinklers. Gettin it done early, i hope. Going over 100 this afternoon.

Steve

Latest posts