Coffee

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@baymule out of curiosity…I wonder what lemon chess pie’s are and look like? Sounds yummy.
I had ducks for a time and made lemon meringue pies. I used duck egg whites for the meringue , really easy abundant , very high topping , nice and light. No one knew the difference they were not chicken eggs .👍
I love this pie! The recipe came from an old 1960 cookbook my great aunt had. It was by the Society Ladies of Charleston.

IMG_7031.jpeg

Not much left!
IMG_7032.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I would have a piece of that pie, but am saving the rest. A friend is coming over this evening to pet sheep. We will have a cold drink and pie afterwards. There’s something about petting sheep that is so peaceful. They crowd around me wanting scratching and petting, the youngest watch and finally get brave enough to sniff my fingers. After awhile, they want to be petted too.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had my coffee and walked around the garden. I have been thinking of what worked and did not work. One thing is NEVER plant Grandpa Ott or morning glories on a fence with shorter flowers or actually ANYTHING. LOL These things have about taken over. They are in the garden, so I cannot see them from the house. I have to hurry out in the morning to see them and take a picture to send to DD before they close up. Most are just Grandpa Ott and the morning glories have not even started yet. They are like ropes and going around other flowers and over the fence and way up in the air hanging on to nothing and I do not have anything that high. They will hang in the air headed for the beans and I have to put them back over and wind them around on themselves. The cosmos are pretty and tall. The sunflowers are not as tall as what the seed packets said, but I got them planted late, but getting pretty.

The beans are not doing as well as usual and it is because I planted one row and I cannot get around to the other side to pick because of the flowers. LOL Most things are doing pretty good, but I think DD's garden looks healthier than mine and I am sure it is because of the compost that she buys and not adding just manure, so next year, I am doing things different.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DD's used to burn the leftovers from pork bbq. My ONLY complaint about their video gaming.
I thought that I had a good system, make the bbq, freeze the excess, easy dinner.
We go Used to a little char on our buns.
What's char? 😕