Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talking about the incorrigible politicians… with my cup of coffee this am … not to mention ….

Hubris - definition - excessive pride or self-confidence.

please, let's not, there are a lot of other forums where you can get all the P*L*T*CS you want.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having a second cup of herbal tea while I wait to hang sheets out on what should be a sunny, warm and quiet day. Stuffed peppers coming out of the oven in a few minutes. Second breakfast and coffee soon!

Hey, I just used Microsoft AI to generate a picture. First time, although Google often answers a question with AI, I've noticed. Intended to ask G for the picture but saw a recommendation for Microsoft. Had an account since I went on the internet with the Millennials ;).

Edited by reducing size, in case TEG didn't like the 100%, and put the text on his shelf, because that was my first impression.

_de008162-507f-41db-9294-0d748bdc299e.jpeg
Too easy ... but i will have to think about usefulness.

olde Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday i made coffee for the first time in a month or so. actually, it was partially instant coffee and partially the fake coffee substitute. i wanted what i would call a dessert coffee, with plenty of creamer, some sugar and vanilla. i took the bottle of vanilla out of the cupboard and opened it (it's a fifth in size, glass bottle, from Mexico, we've had it for nearly 20 years and maybe even longer because we had some other vanillas that we've used up over the years) and then when reaching for something my sleeve (not Steve! @digitS') caught the top and knocked it sideways but i managed to catch it before it fell on the floor. spilled a few precious tablespoons (on the counter so it was clean enough to lick it off :) ), but none hit the floor and the bottle was spared too. so, yes i did get my dessert coffee and it was delicious. :)

i found a supplier of vanilla for a decent price, i'm waiting to see if the new vanilla is as good as the olde stuff. i sure hope so. i was not looking forwards to running out and i really like a good strong Mexican vanilla in my tapioca pudding and our other favorite desserts - they're just not the same with the regular vanillas.

this morning's breakfast was cauliflower with cheese melted on top, some garlic salt and bbq sriracha sauce, then i had a cookie and milk while i was cutting up some banana and walnut bread and reloading the butter dish and then i had a piece of that bread with peanut butter on it. so that's a rather extended and complicated breakfast for me. might be too much and make me sleepy. i have the sun coming in now on my feet. :) it feels very nice after having the AC blowing on them.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm almost ready for a second breakfast and @flowerbug 's choice sounds good to me.

A little less green than stuffed peppers, reheated. Or, gai lan buds that i noticed are waiting for me in the garden. Lemon verbena is also waiting for me, I've noticed. It is a little too precious to use in cooking and might be overwhelmed by coffee and cream. Still, I can imagine it subbing for vanilla ;).

The handle of the storm door leading to the deck compost bucket on the deck is where Steve's sleeve likes to cause trouble — Snagging my arm carrying a bowl full of peelings and causing me to toss them all over the deck!

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Having a sandwich, been outside all morning sorting sheep. One ewe, Granny, was limping badly and just laying down. Poor baby. A closer look showed a badly injured foot. The hoof wall was split away at the crown. In comparison, it would be like stumping your big toe and raising the toenail back to where it grows out. But her hoof wall was cut where it grows out and down the wall itself. How? Durned if I know.

I got some water and medications and vet wrap. I cleaned it, much to her dismay. I had her blocked in a short span of the working chute but she could still put up a fight, just couldn’t run away. I got the mud off, cleaned it good, sprayed it with purple wound care and wrapped it with pink vet wrap. Granny is in a pen by herself so she doesn’t have to night the crowd for feed.

Naturally it started raining a drizzle. Oh what the heck, there was no lightning so I kept working.

Heavy pregnant ewes are taken out of Sentry’s field and are across the driveway. Sentry steals newborns and they die. Perfect dog in every way except for that one particular thing.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@baymule good job on the lambs hove. Wrapping cleaning and limiting exercise is a good way to help the injury heal.
Sorry to hear that happened. Never a dull moment with livestock wrestling with the poor lame gal. I like vet wrap it comes in many colors adding that to the mix and careful not to tight. I always used the different colors when we ride in parades for a colorful event.

I never had sheep but I have horses, and I would wrap my horses feet the same way the purple wound spray is handy with these injuries. Sometimes a good soak in epsom salts or iodine helped the horses they don’t fuss at all. Different animal of course used to having shoes in summer and farrier trimming every few weeks.

Usually injuries were caused by an abscess. A call to the farrier also helped to trim the horses hove in a way that would limit pressure and pain for the horses, or a special shoe designed to relieve pain . Antibiotics for a week to prevent infection. I swear horses are so fragile sometimes I think it’s amazing they survive in the wild today.

Sending good vibes to Granny Lamb that she will be back on her feet and feeling better soon. 👍🐑

Latest posts