Coffee

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My dear friends, happy international coffee day!

My very first homemade pumpkin spice latte, just used the juice from a small Hokkaido pumpkin, sugar, and all spice to make the homemade pumpkin spice syrup. Then, I added some coffee beans into heavy cream to infuse the coffee aroma.

Not as difficult as I though, and it's oh my god so delicious!
View attachment 69452

View attachment 69453
My first time to try a Siphon, and that's really wonderful! I can't wait to get another one for making Matcha cream.
View attachment 69454
That pumpkin spice latte looks so delicious! 😋

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i had a mug of hot water this morning, with a teaspoon of brown sugar and some vanilla. that's it.

Mom said, "Barf!" she thinks vanilla tastes acidic. nope. not at all.

i picked up a bottle of cheap vanilla by accident and i'm not about to return it because i can use it in place of the really good stuff that we're beginning to run low on. i'm getting worried and angsty that i may not find it again to get more (the bottle we have is pretty old).

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I understand that even the experts cannot tell the difference between pure vanilla, made from the beans and artificial vanilla--BIG difference in price.
Go for it.
In Fact, many cooks who want the real thing go for vanilla paste and not the vodka based liquid.
Just sayin....guess vanilla is on your Christmas list.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I understand that even the experts cannot tell the difference between pure vanilla, made from the beans and artificial vanilla--BIG difference in price.
Go for it.

oh, believe me that the vanilla we have that is old is quite distinct enough from the manufactured stuff that i'd know it instantly.

that is part of the problem i have with the new bottle (even if it says it is bottled under the authority of the company that sold me the old bottle, it's not the same vanilla at all). the new stuff is a mix of natural vanilla and the manufactured stuff. it's ok, it will work for what i'm using it for, but it isn't what i wanted.

In Fact, many cooks who want the real thing go for vanilla paste and not the vodka based liquid.
Just sayin....guess vanilla is on your Christmas list.

my sister is often near the Mexico border and at times goes into Mexico, but as of yet she's not found any of the bottles like the one we have. i have the address and company name in Mexico and they do have a website but i don't know Spanish and i'm not sure if an order from me to them would even go through (the website might be a bit out of date so perhaps it isn't even working any more...). i dunno...

oh and i have tried to find the same item imported by someone else but have not yet found any US companies that carry it or i surely would have already ordered it by now.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Something for @Marie2020

Screenshot_20241002_075652_Chrome.jpg

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
After reading all the vanilla issues and hard to find Mexican vanilla above. Thought to add my 2 cents. I bought a huge bottle last time we visited Mexico. And ran out a couple years ago. I found Mexican vanilla on Amazon. Several imported brands from Mexico. Different variations.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
After reading all the vanilla issues and hard to find Mexican vanilla above. Thought to add my 2 cents. I bought a huge bottle last time we visited Mexico. And ran out a couple years ago. I found Mexican vanilla on Amazon. Several imported brands from Mexico. Different variations.

yes, i've found those too, including the same brand name of the vanilla that i bought recently. it may not be the same as what you get from Mexico itself... so far that is my experience. i'm still trying to find the right stuff that is as good as what we have left.

Latest posts