Phaedra's 2023 Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Captain's Log, Stardate 76834.4.

This is to record my ongoing missions to explore the Bonsai Galaxy. I have traveled through the Rhododendron Nebula and finally reached a star system that is home to various beautiful Azaleas. We aim to free and transform four imprisoned Azalea plants into independent bonsai trees. The plants were being held in captivity on a remote planet, and I had to navigate through a series of obstacles and challenges to liberate them.

View attachment 57258

The Azaleas are now under my care after an overnight rescue.
View attachment 57259

Transforming them into beautiful bonsai trees will be a testament to their strength and resilience. However, this is not an easy task, as properly trimming their roots and giving them new shapes requires patience, great care, and skill. Nevertheless, I am committed to seeing this mission through to the end.
View attachment 57260

View attachment 57262

As I work on shaping these plants, I am reminded of the fragility of life in the universe. Unfortunately, two of the Azalea branches were broken during the rescue mission, and I feel a sense of regret for the loss. However, I will do my best to ensure that the remaining Azaleas are cared for with the utmost respect and attention to detail. The broken branches will be preserved for further propagation study.

View attachment 57263

Captain's Log, Supplemental

After approximately four months, the four Azalea Bonsai trees have flourished, displaying increased vitality. Their foliage has multiplied, and their stems exhibit newfound resilience.

I carefully selected one of them, meticulously crafting an aesthetically pleasing arrangement from its leaves to its root system. This chosen specimen has now been relocated from its training quarters to a dedicated chamber, where it may continue its journey towards maturity.

11438.jpg

11437.jpg

In the face of the myriad unknowns and potential disruptions that could jeopardize our mission, the progress achieved thus far is undeniably encouraging. We shall maintain unwavering dedication, nurturing these bonsai specimens in anticipation of a resplendent blossoming come the approaching spring.
11428_0.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Phaedra, it's a benefit to gardeners that you chip in with your techniques for unraveling the knots relating to this process.

(Clicking the Picture could provide us with tools to bring us up to speed on this ;).) Joking!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Captain's Log, Supplemental

After approximately four months, the four Azalea Bonsai trees have flourished, displaying increased vitality. Their foliage has multiplied, and their stems exhibit newfound resilience.

I carefully selected one of them, meticulously crafting an aesthetically pleasing arrangement from its leaves to its root system. This chosen specimen has now been relocated from its training quarters to a dedicated chamber, where it may continue its journey towards maturity.

View attachment 60307
View attachment 60306

In the face of the myriad unknowns and potential disruptions that could jeopardize our mission, the progress achieved thus far is undeniably encouraging. We shall maintain unwavering dedication, nurturing these bonsai specimens in anticipation of a resplendent blossoming come the approaching spring.
View attachment 60308

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Make it so!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finally, the shop's window has new glass. It's much, much brighter.
11518.jpg

Different universe just four months ago...
11214.jpg

While the worker was changing the glass, I kept fighting with those unwanted and intertwined plants. After about one hour, I cleaned up a small piece of area. I can clean a bit everyday, and use the mower next week.
11519.jpg

I added a small windmill in the front yard, and it works well with the breeze.
11520.jpg

I also harvested lemon balm and removed the stems - they will dry much quicker.
11523.jpg

My Iris army arrived today. They looked a bit sad, so I soaked their roots with some water in shallow trays. Tomorrow, we shall transplant them.
11454.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
"Chinook Winds?"

I am going to have to start paying rent for posts on Phaedra's 2023 Adventure thread! Chinook Winds are what we have in this part of the world, once in a while. In Montana, it can be quite a big deal when those warm winds blow across the Rocky Mountains in mass sufficient to not cool at those higher elevations. They then raise the Winter temperatures in a significant way. If there is lots of snow on the ground, it melts rapidly!

Here is an article about the winds in Wikipedia LINK. The map of strongly impacted areas of southeastern Alberta are just to the northeast of here. @Rhodie Ranch will know about those winds. They come right up the Columbia River and, if their destination is that part of Canada, they blow right through here.

It is a very pretty iris when in bloom, Phaedra. The idea of "strong stems" would be encouraging for my yard where all of the current iris are in somewhat shady areas and have problems remaining upright.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
"Chinook Winds?"

Steve
Yes, I only learned about this term in the international geography class long long time ago, and the Iris is so pretty. Before this year, I didn't know there are so many different types of Iris. I didn't have a ready place for them yet, so I think I will put them in individual pots first.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The shop is 70% ready, and the display fridge arrives just in time.
11674.jpg

11664_0.jpg

I baked a loaf this morning, as it can always offer charming smell. Fresh toast and coffee, better than any fragrance.
11653_0.jpg

This is in fact a small display area for my other products like bouquets and other handmade stuff, but it can be also used for providing two seperate seats or a longer table for more people.
11655_0.jpg

Window seat and its view
11654_0.jpg

It will be a nice place to enjoy coffee and read the sky (or books).
11656_0.jpg

Still some works to do, but I am already amazed by how different this space is now. I wish, it is a warm and lovely spot in this corner of town.

Latest posts