Post your Garden Preparation Jobs here

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
What mystic supernatural forces of the 13th dimension are conjured upon to be able to create the smileys not listed above? Ghosts and spirits have not got the power...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Put the image frame around it:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h22/Digit_007/Just 4 Fun/DickVanDyke.gif

Steve:

DickVanDyke.gif

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I'm turning into a mulching FOOL, Detlor. Rather do THAT than weed, ANY day.
Yesteryday I did the following:
1) Transplanted 17 volunteer tomato plants to the street fence. They were all 12" to 18" tall, had shallow roots and were growing in the Turkey enclosure with 12" to 18" weeds. Some have flowers about to open. I THINK they are all cherries.

May102012pictures006.jpg

2) Put gift Hydrangea into 2' hole in the SE corner (bed) around the house.

May102012pictures001.jpg

3) Transplanted 2 Serrano Peppers that I'd kept going inside all winter. There are SEVERAL peppers on both of them. 2 fell off, so I put them into the ground by one of the peppers--Might sprout...ya never know. ALso, mulched the bed next door with 5 bags from mowing. I'll top this off this weekend with dirt I tilled from my 2011 chicken enclosure.

May102012pictures007.jpg

4) Put beefsteak and Roma tomato seedlings into their beds.
5) Transplanted 7 geraniums to the front walk, along with my Amaryllis. Midwest Gardener had Amaryllis questions last week, and a viewer said that she transplants HER Amaryllis to a bed after flowering to let it gather strength in the garden. She lets it "frost" twice, then pulls it out, and lets it dry out and rest for 6 weeks. I'll try the same. I had 4 seed pods, which I stuck in the ground to see it anything happens to them.

May102012pictures003.jpg

May102012pictures004.jpg

May102012pictures005.jpg

May102012pictures002.jpg

6) Protected the 3 Ancho Problano peppers from yesterday's wind.

May102012pictures008.jpg

7) Mowed the "street visible" part of the 1 acre/5 acres
8) Took one of my DH's Vicadin's before bed

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
You fool D4U, the Dandelions will stop at nothing to gain world domination. You really believe a little mulch is going to stop them? It will get in their way, but they'll destroy it. Don't you see? Pandora's box is open. The Dandelions will spare nobody. Not even the children. All is lost. The world is going to end. Would you like a muffin?

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
if the rain would stop for a while I could go out and rake out the garden thats sitting there waiting for me to whip it into shape...Detlor do you have any coffee to go with those muffins...I'll take mine extra sugar extra cream...my son calls it sweet and blond but he is also refering to his women when he says that... ;) ...LOL

I got my seed potatoes today, Kathadens, chieftain. yucon gold. kennibunk, russet...I am planning on growing ala: Ruth Stout method this year...
picket up Artichoke seeds, corn, onion sets, Leek seeds... now that I am home from babysitting I will get a flat going before supper...oh yeah I also bought Coast of Maine potting soil...it is suppose to be awesome...I want to buy some of their mulch tooo. It has crab and lobster shells ground up with aspen leaves...

Latest posts