Todays Score (Plants, Seeds, and Cuttings)

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Ron the pictures are wonderful, and yes I do believe.
The link is awesome! I will have to think this one over.

Now back to the Score of the day.
I took that pile of scraps as some would think while trimming there plants, and made this.

5 nice size Ti plants, and 17 Variegated Hibiscus ( Red single ) cuttings

100_7983.jpg

The Sticks all cut up is Ti Stick, wait let me clear that up, they are Ti plant sticks. I will root them also after they have dried for a while. A cool trick I taught a guy I thought knew it all!

Joe

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
that variegated rubber plant is cool too. mom used to have a tiki plant but i think she let it get killed. what kind of bromeliads do you have?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
that variegated rubber plant is cool too. mom used to have a tiki plant but i think she let it get killed. what kind of bromeliads do you have?
I have noticed you call it a Tiki plant. It is usually called a Hawaiian Ti plant, scientific name Cordyline terminalis.

I bought the rubber tree but there were I think five in one pot.
That would make for a nice house plant but I made five trees out of it.

Bromieliads that I have is zero! They are the worst plant for raising your own Mosquitoes! They can be bad around here. DW can't go out to often or they hone in and bit the crap out of her in seconds.
They have a hard time biting me!

Joe

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
wow I had to catch up on the board I have not stopped to read in a while

I am a pathological snipper ..I inherited it from my grandfather who they say "we could not take him anywhere with out him coming home with a pocket of snips

I have some ethics

but seed pods are for sure are free game!

and indoor plants wow I have a story about me running back to the clinic from lunch with dirt falling out of my scrub top..I will share someday

I have love to figure out how to start things ..mainly I stick them in hormone and a pot and cross my fingers .

you know if you eat dates and put the pits in pots you get pretty date trees?

I had a house full but gave them all in pots for gifts one year ..I will have to get more dates since the season I believe for Cali ones is in Dec

a date seed is a score because you get a tree :)
right now I am coveting a HUGE rubber tree at my work and there is piece growing out the side..and I have a scalpel and know how to use it

I was chewed out on a board for a confession similar to this so I am going to be careful what I say here about my deviant but inhertied behavior of plant snipping :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OHHHHH I have been wanting to tell you Joe :weee the papaya is insane!!! I see it growing!!!

...was that the one that looked like a piece of taro? or was that taro?

I know you posted all the plants but I can not find the tread and I really am not good at order :bee

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi don't worry about snipping around here!
I don't just hack up peoples plants, like I say I prune them and save the cuttings!
Most times I ask but now and then I do grab one or two cuttings on my own, not hurting there plant though. It is not like I am ripping them out of the ground or anything.

That Papaya is a amazing plant/tree!
I thought it would give you a lift, as you can see it grows bigger each day!

The Elephant Ear is in the same family as the taro. I don't think it is good to eat though. If you find out different please let me know!

Joe

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
beefy said:
rubber trees are super easy to root. they say you can root the individual leaves too.
They are very easy to root! I have the green leaf type also, and have made lots of them from just a few.

I just prep it like any other cutting and then jamb it in the ground.
I have a great spot under my grapefruit tree were cuttings do good.

Joe

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
How long do you leave your humidity bags over some of your cuttings?! I am trying this on my plants and want to know when to remove them!?

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
How long do you leave your humidity bags over some of your cuttings?! I am trying this on my plants and want to know when to remove them!?
When the plant perks up and looks like it s getting ready to grow again.

Some plants I don't use one at all. I also sometimes use Anti-Wilt on others.

Take twice as many cuttings as you want finished plants.

Good luck you can do it!

Joe

Latest posts