Todays Score (Plants, Seeds, and Cuttings)

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to post this until now but yesterday DH and I went to town for some cut-off wheels and stopped at a yard sale. It was an older couple and while Roger was ogling a grinder I caught a whiff of something fragrantly floral. I mentioned something about roses and was informed the only ones they had were some climbing roses that weren't doing good so they were gonna just dig them up and throw them out :ep I asked if I could dig and have them which they were more than happy to loan me their shovel. :lol: Well, I am notorious for breaking wooden handled shovels so after digging one up and hearing the handle CRACK on the second one I said I would be back - came home and got MY solid fiberglass handled shovel. Went back and popped the next three right on out of the ground. SO yesterday's score was 5 climbing roses which actually turned out to be 7-8 since some of the mother plants had babies growing on their own root systems. :bun Blooms I saw on one plant (none else were blooming) are reddish pink.

I plan on planting them on each side of our bridge to climb over a soon-to-be bridge arbor :D

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A great day of work!

I did a small job for this very nice lady this morning.

She has a wonderful garden. Hundreds of Orchids, a few Epi , many tropical plants.

This is what I got from her today! I left my drill on the job, so now I guess I have to go back and get it! ;) ;)

I can not remember the name of this, it gets nice red flowers on a spike from the center, if I recall proper.
This is five rooted plants I just held together for the picture. :throw

100_8093.jpg

A purple Passion vine. Not to sure this will root!
But I have to give it a try.

100_8094.jpg

This plant will root like crazy! You can see it wanting to root in the air!
The lady called it Shooting Stars, it has nice color to the leaves.

100_8095.jpg

I would love to know the name of this baby.
The flowers are on like a spike. At the end looks like red coral.

100_8096.jpg

This is the end, it is really cool ! It is hard like coral also!

100_8098.jpg

Oh and a pot of Mimosa trees! I almost forgot a huge variegated Schefflera, that is over six foot tall and is six foot wide in a huge pot!

Joe

Remember be sure to mention were ever you go, " Oh I just love your garden!" you will be surprised what a gardener will send you home with! Even if it just a little happiness! :rainbow-sun

Okay back to work now!

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh I was so excited I also for got this fine treasure.

It is a Yesterday Today and Tomorrow.
The flower changes color each day.

100_8089.jpg

Joe

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
You must be running out of room by now!!! You are truly building a jungle! I am so jealous of your warm climate... Can't imagine how cool it would be to garden year round! Enjoy all your great finds!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How impressive!

The maryjane wild child thing looks like a really cool plant, I cannot wait to see the blooms.

The spikey red plant is also cool; I can see seedpods forming below the flowers.

The Blue flower, YTT, that is soooo cool; I am going to need to know more about this flower!

Sadly I am broken tonite and I barely had enough energy to make dinner...barely! The beeper just went off and I dragged myself down the hall and pulled my Masterpiece dinner out of the oven to find the most glorious-looking pan of red enchiladas (homemade). Now once they cool I can eat and finally pass out!

33f8i91.jpg

I will try to remember to look up plants tomorrow!

Great Finds! :tools

Ron

beefy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Joe, i dont recognize any of those except your marijuana plant in the first pic and the passion flower and the yesterday,today, and tomorrow. i too am anxious to see what red marijuana blooms look like.

Latest posts