Weed exterminators

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Along the sidewalk and before the curb is a piece of ground that Americans often call The Hell Strip. I have given up trying to water it and with our arid months, what little grass there is in that narrow strip only grows in the Spring. I mow it but after awhile it only grows Knot Weed. It Takes Over the Hell Strip! Actually, the damn Knot Weed also shows up in asphalt cracks in the road and it sneaks across the sidewalk and under the picket fence into the flower beds :rant! Dark, small leaves, growing flat on the ground, it's difficult to pull and even difficult to see when young. Most people have no idea what this Weed is and may never have noticed it — unless they are trying to have home with some curb appeal.

A relative to Knot Weed used to be in the distant garden. It was named by their parents, Smart Weed. Smart Weed never was a very bothersome Weed; it's a bigger plant and easy to pull. There were never very many Smart Weeds there and those were quickly eliminated.

When it comes right down to it, one wonders about these Weeds' parents and the naming the offspring 🤔. Which one is smarter, the Smart Weed or the Not Weed.

Steve, gardening dad

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Smart weed I guess is a euphemism for cannabis?

Creeping euphorbia is the last weed of the season to pop up here everywhere including every tiny crack possible. Then spreads out over long distances to cover spaces that could be identified as stepping stones.

Topknotweed is extremely invasive around here and it took literally years to banish it from the pastures.
But sometimes it pops up in the oddest places.

IMG_4279.jpeg

Latest posts