What are You Eating from the Garden?

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
IMG_20240605_160033.jpg

This is my first crookneck squash I got. I've picked a lot more though so I'm just waiting for more to get big enough to pick. Update on crookneck squash: I got 4 that should be picked in the next 3 or 4 days.

Last edited:

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
View attachment 67058
This is my first crookneck squash I got. I've picked a lot more though so I'm just waiting for more to get big enough to pick. Update on crookneck squash: I got 4 that should be picked in the next 3 or 4 days.
I have some tiny crookneck squash babies ripening under the deer netting in my raised bed too, and a lot of green tomatoes also. The season of plenty lies just ahead!

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Green beans with lunch. I probably should have left them alone – they were hardly big enough and most of the plants had only flowers. Still, they tasted good.

Omelet for dinner, made with farm-raised steelhead trout, cheddar cheese but with homegrown Italian sweet peppers and tomatoes :).

Steve

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have some tiny crookneck squash babies ripening under the deer netting in my raised bed too, and a lot of green tomatoes also. The season of plenty lies just ahead!
I have a lot of baby crookneck, tons of green cherry tomatoes. I have another squash which I think might be butternut, butterbush or spaghetti squash. I picked some green beans but then they stopped producing but they haven't died. I'm waiting for about another 2 weeks to check my corn to see if it's ready to pick.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Tonight I used my left over chicken with cherry tomatoes onions and garlic from the garden. Peppers from the store along with potatoes and mushrooms. My daughter in law would probably tell everyone it's her(my) everything except the kitchen sink and somehow she makes it awesome. It was really good
IMG_20240717_192654.jpg

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a lot of baby crookneck, tons of green cherry tomatoes. I have another squash which I think might be butternut, butterbush or spaghetti squash. I picked some green beans but then they stopped producing but they haven't died. I'm waiting for about another 2 weeks to check my corn to see if it's ready to pick.
You are so lucky to be able to grow corn! We have lots of fruits and vegetable stands around here, but no one sells organic corn!
I don't grow corn in my garden because there isn't enough space ...

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You are so lucky to be able to grow corn! We have lots of fruits and vegetable stands around here, but no one sells organic corn!
I don't grow corn in my garden because there isn't enough space ...
Is there any way to set up some 5 gallon buckets for corn? It can be something to look into for you to try for getting the corn you want. When we lived in Gridley years ago we had a horse pasture with a lot of eucalyptus trees and WOW, I had so much corn I couldn't even give it away to anyone.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Is there any way to set up some 5 gallon buckets for corn? It can be something to look into for you to try for getting the corn you want. When we lived in Gridley years ago we had a horse pasture with a lot of eucalyptus trees and WOW, I had so much corn I couldn't even give it away to anyone.
I will look into your 5 gallon bucket idea for extra space for growing corn. Thank you for the idea!

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I will look into your 5 gallon bucket idea for extra space for growing corn. Thank you for the idea!
You're welcome. I love being able to at least give others an idea for growing food because it's so rewarding when we can go into the freezer and just decide oh hey I have corn sweet. I'm wanting to get my garden to the point of my children and grandkids can come down and rummage through the cabinets and freezer and just get what they need/want at the time. It would be a tremendous save for food.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Screenshot_2023-11-03-22-27-33-719.jpg

This is an idea I think could be a garden changer. You don't really need as much room and if there's a need to cover it, it looks so easy.