Your Weather 2023

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yesterday, the temperature rose through the daylight hours from 60°f to 100° (16°C to 38°C).

I was able to put down that minimum amount of irrigation water in the distant garden and be home before noon. Monday is my usual day for moving sprinklers around in the yard and there was no gettin' around it, so I continued that task.

A locally Hot Summer with many days in the 90's, several hitting 99 and it was only yesterday that nearest airport recorded that milestone of 100f. New records may be set today with 105°f (41°C) forecast. I'm staying indoors with the AC as best as I can this afternoon!

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I gave up the okras and melons and removed them completely. They are really not in good shapes - I don't think they can properly fruit. Now, I am worrying about my sweet corns....
1692113241068.png

Last edited:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
CPC-Key-Message-latest.png

I thought that this might mean that our well-heated air would be going off to the SE but that doesn't seem to be the case. Heat domes? I don't really know how to think of them.

Ya know, it has been 20 years or more since I tried to grow the okra that @Phaedra is having trouble with. I had enough for one pot of soup, is all. The last few Summers, it's little like we are on the Texas border, I suppose.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
looks like a squall line coming right at us in a few hours. will get some weeding done until that shows up.

no, we don't need any more rains so another heavy one isn't going to help.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yesterday was lovely for temperatures and a breeze. we did our errand run since the ground is so wet. today we'll be trying to mow but i may have to go around some spots and won't get the bottom of the front ditches done for sure.

high of 80F for today's forecast tomorrow 89F. back to no rain in the forecast which is quite ok with me for a week. everything is soggy...

the temperature is bouncing all over the place from tolerable to hot. we'll manage...