Your Weather, 2024

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
we have a chance of rain starting tomorrow afternoon and then it gets more chances into the evening and the next days. it would be nice to have some rains again to get everything wetted down.

i'm hoping i can finish weeding one of the bigger gardens inside the fence tomorrow morning so it will be ready to get rained on.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Funny, I wait until AFTER it rains to weed. :lol:

i can't do that. too many gardens. when i get done with one rotation i have to go right on to the next.

i'm fairly caught up at the moment, but i have plenty more that always needs to be done.

we had a wonderful rain early this morning and then a bit later it came down even better. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Right now I’m just sitting back enjoying the garden. Weeds will always (especially the invasive species) seem to become companion plants everywhere. So just ignoring them all for now.

the weeds in the lawn are mostly companion plants here, it's the more formal garden areas, decorations and various rock mulches and the veggie gardens that require weeding here. the rock piles don't usually get too many weeds in them but those that do often require me to move some of the rocks to get at the roots of the weeds so they won't come back.

i also have fences that need to have some wild grape vines cut back and removed. that's not going to be much fun either, but i'm saving that for cooler weather.

oh, and i do need to weed parts of the end of the driveway too. for some reason we have this huge area out there that is all crushed limestone and it eventually gets some weeds growing in it that i have to remove one by one.

it rained again this morning. chances of rain and thunderstorms for the next few days so at least i know we're not going to be mowing. :)