Your Weather, 2024

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have had some cooler days (highs in mid 80’s f, 28°C). It’s 55f right now at 6:30, 13°C.

Clouds yesterday with a sprinkle of rain. We remain in Severe Drought with about 25% of normal precipitation, the Weather Service tells us. That means it is so close to 0 precipitation it isn’t even funny.

The storm @Rhodie Ranch is mentioning has a less than 50% chance of reaching us. It will probably slide up the Cascades before spinning off to the east, north of the US/Canadian border. Not a bad thing, as long as lightning doesn’t start any fires. I will believe that we will have more than a hundredth of an inch or two of rain when I see it.

Steve

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Rhodie Ranch the weather watchers have predicted lighting /thunder, possible tornadoes, flooding. Wildfires from lightening, hail , and I predict power outages. Let’s see what’s else.. Ah oh yes tree damage and plants shredded from the hail.

This is unusual for august. It’s rainy and windy here now.
I moved in all my potted plants in and secured outdoor furniture. Just in time it’s pouring. My weather gage says it’s 68F now humidity is 88%. It’s raining humidity must be higher…

Stay safe Rhodie and digitS’

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
16c

It's fine drizzle and an ugly grey sky here but at least it feels cooler.
I still get hot at night in my bedroom and the humidity and temperature rises..