Your Weather, 2024

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , you must be in quite a lot of rain, today — Storm Lilian.

Yesterday afternoon, we had wind gusts above 40mph that blew a piece of plastic roofing into the yard from somewhere . Finished with .05 inch of rain that cleared the air of blowing dust. Supposed to be another windy afternoon and not reach 70f (21C). It's 48 (9C) right now.

Steve

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
we have a chance of rain starting tomorrow afternoon and then it gets more chances into the evening and the next days. it would be nice to have some rains again to get everything wetted down.

i'm hoping i can finish weeding one of the bigger gardens inside the fence tomorrow morning so it will be ready to get rained on.
It has been dumping rain here all night and now into the morning!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
no rain in the forecast here for quite a few days. it's not going to be quite as hot this weekend as the earlier forecast in the week predicted but it will make up for it on Monday and Tuesday.

Mom did water today but i think i'll be out there tomorrow morning watering again, plus i have to check for tomato worms. they finally showed up again.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
no rain in the forecast here for quite a few days. it's not going to be quite as hot this weekend as the earlier forecast in the week predicted but it will make up for it on Monday and Tuesday.

Mom did water today but i think i'll be out there tomorrow morning watering again, plus i have to check for tomato worms. they finally showed up again.
Talking of a different kind of worms being my wormer
I've ordered 500 grams of red worms can I use organic compost to help them along and what would you suggest I could cover them up with for the winter.

The wormer is outside and surrounded by two walls and a shed door. I failed the last year due to so much work going on around their area and the workmen has cracked the lid.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Marie2020 , you must be in quite a lot of rain, today — Storm Lilian.

Yesterday afternoon, we had wind gusts above 40mph that blew a piece of plastic roofing into the yard from somewhere . Finished with .05 inch of rain that cleared the air of blowing dust. Supposed to be another windy afternoon and not reach 70f (21C). It's 48 (9C) right now.

Steve
We've had a lot of rain here this year.
It started again a couple of days ago

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talking of a different kind of worms being my wormer
I've ordered 500 grams of red worms can I use organic compost to help them along and what would you suggest I could cover them up with for the winter.

The wormer is outside and surrounded by two walls and a shed door. I failed the last year due to so much work going on around their area and the workmen has cracked the lid.

all worms will go dormant when conditions are not favorable. if you want to keep them composting in the winter months you'd need to keep them inside where they will not freeze. to prevent them from wandering the container needs to be covered but they do need air. i just have a fine mesh fabric that i use with some elastic around the edge to hold it down. an old t-shirt or other fine mesh fabric would work. cheesecloth does not work.

as for what they like, moist organic materials (but not soggy).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
all worms will go dormant when conditions are not favorable. if you want to keep them composting in the winter months you'd need to keep them inside where they will not freeze. to prevent them from wandering the container needs to be covered but they do need air. i just have a fine mesh fabric that i use with some elastic around the edge to hold it down. an old t-shirt or other fine mesh fabric would work. cheesecloth does not work.

as for what they like, moist organic materials (but not soggy).
Thank you. It's not possible to keep them in doors.

My home isn't that roomie .
I keep all my animals feed as well as my own inside. I need to declutter big time.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Our area broke many rainfall records for August 24th, and there is more precipitation in the forecast for today. After that it looks like warm sunshine for the foreseeable future. It has not been a good season for tomatoes so far; with a little luck maybe this pleasant stretch ahead will perk them up.