Your Weather, 2024

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We had rain since a cold front moved thru the Pacific ocean. Rained in July and August unheard of in summer.
In fact Hawaii just was hit by a huge storm hurricane Hone causing floods and rain. Another heading their way .

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
IMG_7098.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The local airport record high for the final day in August is 100⁰ (38⁰C). That mark was hit in 2022.

This year, I believe that we saw record highs during 3 different Summer weeks. In this neighborhood yesterday, it was 46⁰f (8⁰C) which might look like we are skidding off a hot track but I don't think so.

The jog in the road coming up is high winds this afternoon. I hope they are overreacting but suspect not. Like @Rhodie Ranch 's neighborhood, hot weather is supposed to return by the weekend and there is good reason to Hope that it isn't accompanied by wildfire smoke.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
no rains yesterday or last night @digitS' ?
I was out in the yard with the trimmer about noon, yesterday. It is an hour job now that there are extra garden beds. The skies darkened while I was busy but it was the forecast of higher winds that kept me focused on the task.

Finishing the last of it, I thought I felt a drop of rain. Wrapping things up, there was 1 or 2 more. By the time I got to the house, a total of 5 raindrops had fallen on my head. I counted them!

In the house, and at the living room window about 15 minutes later, I could see that the asphalt on the road was wet. That's about it. The weather service show 2 times when there was a "T," for trace.

Wind gusts over 45mph and blowing dust became the WS main focus. They reported a wildfire down I-90 to the west with lane closures for fire equipment and a state highway closed to the south – 1500 acres burned, tv news says. Unfortunately, the most serious blowing dust problem and that wildfire seemed to be happening at the same location. There's a 200 acre plus fire burning near the ID/WA/Canada/US border that is in the forest. I hope that didn't get anymore out of hand.

Local air quality shot right past Unhealthy for Some to Unhealthy (for all). But, it is back to Good this morning with some fire containment and less wind. Still, breezy and supposed to be more so this afternoon but that might take us out of the windstorms.

Steve

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Weather forecast warmer today theat yesterday. It rained all night. But that didn’t slow down the ground squirrels.
I was up at 6am watching the ground squirrels torture the foundation plants again. Went out flooded the soil back in around the plant roots.

It was very chilly out this morning.
IMG_3348.jpeg

The wildfires here have been restless. Thunderstorms with lightening start many of the wildfires. As of august 10 record breaking wildfires have burned more than 1.4 million acres in Oregon.

Wildfire map Oregon.
IMG_3349.jpeg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I am getting tired of the bad weather reporting on Weather.com, from the Weather Channel.
It used to be that 5 days out was iffy and the report day of was very good.
Not anymore.
They kept changing when/if we would get rain. It Makes a difference. Sometimes I leave my mowers and other equipment outside and I don't won't them to be rained on. I put mine away last night after I read that we would have rain early afternoon.
WRONG!
It rained last night about 3AM, then again about 1PM, none when predicted and now dry.
I know when/how much rain bc I have buckets that are left out, including pony feeding buckets AND my neighbors have a puddle that they get whenever we get a couple of inches, which I saw this morning.
I do better to read the clouds!

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Got some beautiful sunshine today, was so lovely. The day started off at 14C/57F which felt quite chilly and it was overcast for the morning and early afternoon. You really appreciate sunshine when half the day is grey and it turns around. Feels like there is a bit of summer left to be enjoyed before you know what.

Latest posts