Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd better get to making some tea and then breakfast. Banana pancakes sound okay?

sounds good to me if someone else makes them in the morning. :) last night Mom finished getting the cream cheese frosting on the pumpkin cakes she made and then on top of that goes the walnuts. so yes, we had that for dinner. i don't think i even need breakfast as i am not in the slightest bit hungry even if i'm drooling at the thought of banana pancakes or pumpkin cake with the cream cheese frosting and walnuts. she makes the cream cheese frosting with lumps and not too much powdered sugar so you can actually taste the cream cheese. ❤️

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I have brownies!

i just had a cup of hot chocolate that was thick enough to be considered liquid brownies. i'll be zooming most of the day. i made the hot chocolate from the mix i'd come up with (1/3 cocoa, 1/3 powdered milk, 1/3 sugar) and then put two large squares of chocolate in it and stirred until those were dissolved, but i also had another square of chocolate while the hot chocolate was warming up so i'm on an extra boost this morning. zoom zoom! :) :) :)

brownies would put me on the moon! :)

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i just had a cup of hot chocolate that was thick enough to be considered liquid brownies. i'll be zooming most of the day. i made the hot chocolate from the mix i'd come up with (1/3 cocoa, 1/3 powdered milk, 1/3 sugar) and then put two large squares of chocolate in it and stirred until those were dissolved, but i also had another square of chocolate while the hot chocolate was warming up so i'm on an extra boost this morning. zoom zoom! :) :) :)

brownies would put me on the moon! :)
Today is your chocolate day! I can almost hear the sound of engine!

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today we have 23°C, sunny with breeze, a very cozy autumn day

My new trial - pumpkin spice latte tiramisu
I added pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and coffee liqueur into the filling.
13259.jpg

How can it be so lovely!
13258.jpg

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Please tell us which you prefer, Dahlia.

I have almond milk in the fridge every day. (You know, I actually prefer soymilk in coffee.) I tried rice milk once – insipid, IMO. I've never used oat milk.

My electric grinders are worn out ...

@Gardening with Rabbits , my one volunteer (in a good place and is the only one of 3, I think it is, with green fruit) is obviously a Porters. Those are listed as an 80 day tomato. They are supposed to be well adapted to Texas and, for an 80 day, always ripen and do well for me. That they look like a paste is misleading. They would probably fit in as an heirloom saladette. It would surprise me if I have ripe fruit from it as a volunteer, however.

Have just finished my afternoon coffee 🙂.
Mine has some small green tomatoes. I am not sure they will make it to ripen. It would be an early tomato because that is usually all I grow. I can't tell what it is. The plant is not tall.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Gardening with Rabbits !

The Porters:

IMG_0766.jpg
They ripened! Pretty good for an 80 day variety. Adapted to Texas climate, the seed companies tell us. I suppose that there are parts of Texas like here.

They always do well and I have grown them for about 30 years. Buuttt, that is starting them indoors about 3/1, up-potting and finally setting them outdoors 3 months later.

I don't remember a Porters volunteer ever ripening before. There were 2 other volunteers in the squash patch – one had flowers, the other a few, hard and tiny tomatoes. A cherry descendant, no doubt. I say "were" because I ran over them yesterday with first the lawnmower and then the rototiller. Porters was saved and dodged around with the machines. I even brought it some water i

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Another day, another herbal tea try. Learning what makes this purchased orange zest acceptable. I may be finding out that I am just too oriented to fresh to make the best consumer.

Trying something new with the hot breakfast cereal. No, the melon isn't new. Realized that yesterday was the first day in a couple of months that I didn't eat melon! Need to "let it go" as the garden plants are going – late first frost or not. The cereal is simply white rice and quinoa. Rice and couscous is tasty. White rice and cornmeal is tasty. Despite having pulled some giant beet roots from where the baby beet patch got away from me, I'm not quite willing to try @Phaedra 's beets and rice ;). Quinoa ... the small bag of white quinoa even claimed "organic."

It's good. Have to share this with DS. He thinks that he may be glucose intolerant and is experiencing some early withdrawal from that and dairy. Intolerance or not, it's good :). (Think that I should grow quinoa rather than those purple, volunteer amaranth that contribute to our Summer fresh veggies ;)?)

With the oolong finished next, there's that herbal tea mix ... Here I'm fretting about purchases good & bad while @Zeedman is dealing with smut in the Gaspe Corn. Yes, there has been Smut in the corn patch but not in timeless and extensive amounts so as to be a serious problem.

I wonder what Jan Smuts of South Africa thought of corn problems. Perhaps, he used a Dutch name for it but it seems likely to be the same ... Do Kids still learn about him and South Africa's role in World War 1? And then, there was that Musk family living in South Africa at the same time as Smutz was prime minister.

:) Steve, off to the tea kettle

Latest posts