Coffee

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
As we got about 30 bananas from the two 3-Euro food rescue bags from Lidl, I cut and put most of them in the freezer.

The process to let banana stay in the freezer overnight can effectively enhance the flavor. The banana bread is very successful so far. Later I will also make the cream cheese frosting. Cooking is a very good value-adding method.

It's for the coffee time tomorrow, yay. :D
13344.jpg

Last edited:

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Drank a cup of coffee kind of fast this morning lol, so went out with it sprinkling to pick green things for the rabbit's breakfast and I bent over picking Swiss chard and saw something red and found a red volunteer tomato. I did not see this one before. I have been watching several small green ones. I have been so busy sewing with my Etsy shop selling rag quilts and even selling small stuff on Ebay, plus sewing for the kids. I am trying to decide what i want to do with the garden. DD and I might get manure for both our gardens now instead of waiting until spring so that we can plant early. I have no idea what kind of tomato this is. I looked at what I planted last year and it does not look like anything I planted.

Attachments

• IMG_9678.JPG
    IMG_9678.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 51

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
As we got about 30 bananas from the two 3-Euro food rescue bags from Lidl, I cut and put most of them in the freezer.

The process to let banana stay in the freezer overnight can effectively enhance the flavor. The banana bread is very successful so far. Later I will also make the cream cheese frosting. Cooking is a very good value-adding method.

It's for the coffee time tomorrow, yay. :D
View attachment 61451
Looks great! DS would rather have banana bread, but I made zucchini bread trying to use up zucchini.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mary,
I took your advice and ordered seeds of Petit Gris de Rennes. The seeds were started indoors very late, on June 20th. Recently the vines started running, and there are cute little melons forming. If our hot weather sticks around they may even have time to ripen. 🤞
When I started these seeds on June 20th I did not believe that there was much chance of them fruiting, but lo and behold--yesterday we picked several small Petit Gris melons. And wouldn't you know that one of them was in fact over ripe. This is the second melon that got away from me this year; I will have to work on figuring out when to harvest them. (My friend says the little tendril closest to the stem will shrivel, and that is the key indicator). This melon was a bit mushy but still sweet and very juicy, and given that it was a tad over-developed I was able to save quite a few nice plump seeds for next year. From what I can see some of the seeds may have been trying to germinate inside the fruit. I can hardly wait to grow these again!

Attachments

• IMG_20231013_154151716.jpg
    IMG_20231013_154151716.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_20231013_160209747.jpg
    IMG_20231013_160209747.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 53

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
... I have no idea what kind of tomato this is. I looked at what I planted last year and it does not look like anything I planted.

yup, looks like a tomato to me. :) no idea what kind it is either, but if it is round i'd probably guess it is a beefsteak type, did you plant some of those in the past several years?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
can you turn it off? i hate spelling correctors and turn them off, if i make a mistake i want to know about it but i also don't want something else to actually change the word. grr!
I don’t know how. Don’t really care, it is amusing with the words that get mangled.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Drank a cup of coffee kind of fast this morning lol, so went out with it sprinkling to pick green things for the rabbit's breakfast and I bent over picking Swiss chard and saw something red and found a red volunteer tomato. I did not see this one before. I have been watching several small green ones. I have been so busy sewing with my Etsy shop selling rag quilts and even selling small stuff on Ebay, plus sewing for the kids. I am trying to decide what i want to do with the garden. DD and I might get manure for both our gardens now instead of waiting until spring so that we can plant early. I have no idea what kind of tomato this is. I looked at what I planted last year and it does not look like anything I planted.
It looks kinda like an heirloom tomato of some sort?

Latest posts