Coffee

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

It's all by the coffee pot so fix a cup (Yup, you don't have to brew a cup any longer- IT'S AUTUMN= colder weather = FH is back to drinking HOT COFFEE so I'm back to making full pots!!!) or make a glass of Iced Coffee if you want. FH didn't get home from being out of town last week until very early Saturday morning seeing how he had to sweep on Friday night then once he got back up on Sat he had to go to work for a couple hours then we had a date on Saturday night (went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner) then yesterday I had a "bridal appointment" and didn't get home till late (around 7pm). Right now FH is on his way to work (going to Charlottesville today) then tomorrow going out of town for 1-2 days (back to Roanoke).

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is day-old homemade bread for the bowl of milk with a sprinkle of sugar. (I already claimed the heels :D!) Crenshaw melon out of the fridge – Good Heavens, it has to be the final one but they have been good for weeks and weeks!

Quite the rainstorm yesterday, there was .03". The rainstorms must not have made it over the Cascade Mountains. The Weather Service has changed its forecast to clear skies for today. No need to rush out to the garden. It's finished for the season and prep for next year should be a wrap during good weather (?) ahead.

Time for relaxing, at least, while waiting for daybreak.

:) Steve

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good-Morning-Thursday-Images-2.jpg

There's only about a cup (depending on the size of your cup that is) remaining in the pot but right next to it is coffee, Tea Bags, Hot Cocoa packets so brew a cup or glass of Iced Coffee and enjoy this morning.
On Sat FH and I are going to be decorating for Halloween this year it's going to be small (around 3 items I think) so hopefully we'll be able to add on next year and make it better. Once we finish getting whatever in place and set up I'll take pics of it during the day then again at night.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning.

Breakfast same as yesterday, cream of wheat, honey and raisins. Melon can't be replaced, I tilled the second melon patch, yesterday. What a champion Lilly Crenshaw was! It's hard for me to believe that Passport Galia was outperformed. Proof will be in consistency but first year was a happy surprise.

It's Apple Season and might make a trip to a local orchard :). This isn't quite where 2/3rds of the US apples are grown but close enough ;).

Time now for a cup of herbal tea :). I was out at 5 picking a fresh sprig of mint to brighten the licorice root and dried zest. Orion was shining bright 🌟in the southern sky.

Steve

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone eat GRITS here? Can we have GRITS tomorrow for breakfast????
I LOVE grits and don't understand why no one here in the north eats them! New Englanders eat cream-of-wheat and mashed potatoes willingly, so I've never understood why not also grits? I guess it's just avoidance of the unfamiliar.
Pennsylvania is the closest state to me where grits are on the breakfast menu at roadside cafes.