Coffee

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Doesn't anyone eat GRITS here? Can we have GRITS tomorrow for breakfast????
I love grits!! I haven't had them in awhile, but I often order them at Cracker Barrel, and at greasy spoons when I travel south.
Yes, grits are a Great breakfast!!

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Just butter and black pepper with an egg and a slab of ham, bacon, or sausage on the side for me. Waffle house or one of the truck stop cafes can be counted on to have a giant vat of home-cooked grits at the ready. That *was* the case at least the last time I ventured outside New England back in 2011.

Denny's here in Vermont is the only place that has grits on the menu, but they are the instant variety and are horrible. I select hash browns instead because they can't screw those up.

I've lived in New England all my life, so I'm not sure where I was first introduced to grits.

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
f11a1ea3c93ec25e50caeeed5a536c47.jpg

It's all by the coffee pot so fix a cup or glass of Iced Coffee and ENJOY THIS FRIDAY MORNING!

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
1697879355820.jpeg

There's about 1-2 cups left in the pot so help yourselves. I only made 1/2 pot when I got up today at 2:30 and currently using a mug that holds about 1/4 pot at a time (I finished up the leftover coffee from yesterday first before getting fresh).
Currently waiting on FH to get up seeing how he has to work today but is hoping he will get done early so we can at least get started on decorating the outside for Halloween. We have a 7 foot INFLATABLE Grim Reaper and 8 foot INFLATABLE Spider plus a few other things including lights which a strand plays creepy sounds when there is motion next to it.
I can say one thing FH works with a bunch of overgrown DRAMATIC 2 year old's whose favorite blankie is in the wash seeing how they all know that our car is currently "dead in the water" (currently NOT working), waiting on one of the shop mechanics to look at it so he has to go in before anyone else seeing how he's driving a company pickup truck (YET HE"S THE TRUCK FOREMAN and should have a company truck to use just like all the rest of the foreman's, supervisors and what not!!!!) so the crybabies don't see him driving it and a couple of the crybabies have an issue with their licenses at this time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cream of Wheat in the bowl with diced apple, raisins, cream cheese and nearly forgot the brown sugar. A little thick but no room for milk, it's okay because oolong is at hand.

Up a little late but that's okay, too. Fitful night. Dreaming about meeting adult 2nd cousins while visiting a nursing home after a nurse and I had rescued a baby sparrow from a snake hiding in fallen leaves 🥴.

Running sprinklers in the at-home garden, today. Can't allow the kale and mustard greens to go down. (Greenhouse brassicas & lettuce watered last night.)

WS national forecast talks about a storm front moving into region but nearby stations still have it as about 50:50. Snow elevation will be on the highest peaks. Shucks, I have seen trick or treaters show up after treading through 6-8 inches of fresh snow. I suppose that might still happen.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I’ve had my coffee, it’s getting daylight and I gotta get outside and do chores. I was gone this week, posted details on my farm thread. Church this morning, then I’ll probably not do much this afternoon. Y’all have a great day!