Coffee

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Apples picked this morning from tree in backyard. We have 5 big boxes full. Hope my hands and wrists hold up long enough to get them all processed. LOTS of canned applesauce, some pie filling, some frozen to make apple muffins, and the rest dehydrated ☺️

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
fried cornmeal mush
I don't know what you call fried cornmeal mush but I used to make a pot of cornmeal, once it was cooked I would put it in an old spaghetti sauce can, stick in fridge until it got cold then turn it out on a cutting board and slice in circles to thickness I wanted and put in hot frying pan with a little butter and let get golden brown then serve with a little butter on top along with Maple Syrup.
The next time I go shopping I need to get a box of grits (for me), round container of oatmeal (for FH) and a small container of cornmeal so that way I can have choices for breakfast especially now that it's getting colder (even though since yesterday and going until Mon Oct 30 you would never know it by the day time temp 75-80+).

Country Homesteader

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
images

There's at least 3/4 pot of FRESHLY made coffee that's HOT and READY (I'm about to go get my 2nd cup so there's going to be less than that remaining). There's also Tea Bags and Hot Cocoa packets by the coffee pot if Y'all want that instead.
Need to finish decorating the sugar cookies so later on this morning after I make a quick walk to the closest store for more butter I can make more Chocolate Chip cookies (wouldn't have needed more if a certain cookie monster [NOT GOING TO NAME A NAME] hadn't gotten into them) then I can finish making up FH paving crew Halloween cookie treat bowl bags, take pics and post them.

SPedigrees

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know what you call fried cornmeal mush but I used to make a pot of cornmeal, once it was cooked I would put it in an old spaghetti sauce can, stick in fridge until it got cold then turn it out on a cutting board and slice in circles to thickness I wanted and put in hot frying pan with a little butter and let get golden brown then serve with a little butter on top along with Maple Syrup.
The next time I go shopping I need to get a box of grits (for me), round container of oatmeal (for FH) and a small container of cornmeal so that way I can have choices for breakfast especially now that it's getting colder (even though since yesterday and going until Mon Oct 30 you would never know it by the day time temp 75-80+).
That was it; that was the stuff! Although the way you did it is more exacting, whereas I used to just spoon the corn meal mush from the pan it was cooked in, directly into the hot frying pan, and let it shape itself however. I haven't had fried corn meal mush in years, but it's starting to sound good, so I ought to make some again.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thankfully I had my coffee in the early morning, after the removal of the wisdom tooth, I better don't drink it for a few days. And I felt damn cold after the anesthesia was gradually not working. I put on two jackets, turned the heater to the maximum, and stayed under two blankets...and still felt cold.

Now is ok, thank God, but I hate removing wisdom teeth!

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That’s mush! 😍

peteyfoozer

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Fen waited until 7 this am to wake me…by kissing my foot 😂
He was such a gud boi yesterday…he stayed on his mat when I asked at the Dr and the hospital…except he scooted around on it on his face , dragging his front legs with his butt all the way up in the air, making strange noises. He had the waiting room in stitches.
He was a very gud boi at breakfast though, considering he had a 4 hr drive then was asked to lay down with all the food aromas assaulting his nose…then being asked to lay down all day while in full puppy mode…coffee sounds good! It’s about sll I expect to accomplish today

IMG_5889.jpeg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
My carrot cake came out of a loaf pan before being wrapped, frozen, thawed, sliced,and showing up with a Bartlett pear and coffee for my second breakfast :).

Cake? Bread? There's no frosting ;).

Yesterday, I was looking at a recipe for apple turnovers. Except, they had a different name for them ... hand pies? Whatever. Cooked in an airfryer so maybe they have to be small. Four inch diameter rolled-out pie dough, folded over one tablespoon of filling. That would be a lot of crust to filling but it might be okay with me :). I'm the cookie monster around here and almost like the crust better than the filling for any pie. The quick cooking in the airfryer appeals to me but this would have to be for small batches or I'd be at it for hours anyway.

Steve

Latest posts