Coffee

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
DD taught me to drain the hot water for the eggs and put them in a metal bowl with a the ice from a full ice cube tray. The shells come off easy peasy. Once they start to boil, it only takes 10 minutes.
The wednesday eggs went to war under duress. The explosions were their last hurrah.

i'd only rinsed the eggs from the microwave a few moments under cold water. oops...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I  think Ducks means that she boiled the pot dry ;).

@Shades-of-Oregon , I think that you may also be giving away the fact that you don't have Southern heritage with the question about Lemon Chess pie ;). I think it is much like a Lemon Meringue except that the eggs in total go into the filling. In other words, yolks are not separated from whites and the whites are not used as a meringue.

One grandmother from Missouri and the other from Texas – here 👋. Still, both families (plus 1 grandfather's) started out in Virginia in colonial times and spent a generation or several in Appalachia, taking slow roads west for a looong time. Horseback and wagons? Sure. Then Ford Model T's and railroad cars and ... zooom. So then, this California boy is born on a peninsula in the Pacific Ocean, moving with Mom & Dad and growing up in a valley only a few dozen miles from the furthest point of land west, in the lower contiguous United States.

Hand me a slice of that pie.

:D digitS '

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I  think Ducks means that she boiled the pot dry ;).

@Shades-of-Oregon , I think that you may also be giving away the fact that you don't have Southern heritage with the question about Lemon Chess pie ;). I think it is much like a Lemon Meringue except that the eggs in total go into the filling. In other words, yolks are not separated from whites and the whites are not used as a meringue.

One grandmother from Missouri and the other from Texas – here 👋. Still, both families (plus 1 grandfather's) started out in Virginia in colonial times and spent a generation or several in Appalachia, taking slow roads west for a looong time. Horseback and wagons? Sure. Then Ford Model T's and railroad cars and ... zooom. So then, this California boy is born on a peninsula in the Pacific Ocean, moving with Mom & Dad and growing up in a valley only a few dozen miles from the furthest point of land west, in the lower contiguous United States.

Hand me a slice of that pie.

:D digitS '
Thank you for that kind info for lemon chess pie. No egg whites duck or chicken.😉

I almost set the house on fire a couple weeks ago forgot something was on the stove and it literally smoked up the entire house. Dragged out all the fans and after a few hours the smoke was out. It took a few days to get the smell out. I almost called the fire dept it was so thick and burned our throats. Wore those Covid masks for days.
Wildfires outside and wildfire inside… not exactly what I was going for. Scared the stuffin out of myself. I’m gettin to old to cook… to forgetful. Sooo… now I keep a camera on the stove I don’t want to do that ever again. We were coughing for days. Those nonstick pans really stink and very toxic. I’m still alive not the canaries… they would never make it…

Last edited:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have a broken necklace/bracelet that I put on when I filling the horse's water tank.
Every horse owner does this, many more times than we care to admit.
It is uncomfortable and reminds me to time the fill and turn off the faucet.
I imagine you could wear something that does the same, OR, sit at the Kitchen table with your computer instead of the Adirondack glider on the porch--advice to self...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a broken necklace/bracelet that I put on when I filling the horse's water tank.
Every horse owner does this, many more times than we care to admit.
It is uncomfortable and reminds me to time the fill and turn off the faucet.
I imagine you could wear something that does the same, OR, sit at the Kitchen table with your computer instead of the Adirondack glider on the porch--advice to self...

i never cook with things on the stove or in the oven without using a timer. in the microwave i also use a timer if needed or adjust the power level to go long where it won't burn.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Outside my cafe this morning - my container gardening area :D
23998.jpg

Days are flying even quicker when everyday is busy, and I am happy to meet a lot of kind and lovely people - many more than I imagined. I keep making a lot of delicious food - many were sold before I tried by myself. 🤭
23966.jpg

23899.jpg

23897.jpg

23964.jpg

23981.jpg

23965.jpg

It's good to see people enjoy their food, drinks, and stay in my cafe. :D

Today, I finally got some time to cut back a lot of things. With so much rain, everything is growing wildly. The hydrangeas established very well from the previous growing season - now they look gorgeous and need very little maintenance.
24029.jpg

Most of them are doubled the size, compared with the last year.
24030.jpg