Do You Leave A Light on at Night ?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL - my Dad will sit in a dark room if he can't see a reason to have a light on. ...
Probably some nasty teenage hold-over rebellion that makes me leave lights on if I'm "going to come right back in a little while"

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't need lights on so I'd always been the one shutting off lights in the house. Still do. DH almost always 'forgets' to turn off the lights he uses so I'm running through the house before we leave shutting them off.

However, because he is now unstable when walking, I have to leave small lamps and night lights on in the house at night for his safety. When he does get up in the middle of the night he needs light and doesn't always remember where to turn the overhead lights on.

Probably a part of the reason I'm not sleeping well are the low lights showing the way to the master bathroom, but DH is still getting up 2-3 times a night and having him fall is not an option.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree with Smiles Jr. . Few lights on solar bataree- outside. In the house is dark. If in the house the night light- I target. If light in the garden - a target someone else. Ghostsi- - not scary. They do not do anything wrong. Bandits worse.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope! In the country where car and streetlights are never a problem it hadn't been necessary. DH got up a couple of nights ago and left the bedroom light on. I tried a kerchief blinder, but DH kept untying and taking it off me.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No outside lights unless we leave and expect to be home after dark. If the neighbors across the road don't have their front lights on it's nice and dark around the house.

I keep a 25 watt bulb on in a small lamp in the living room now. No particular reason, other than I like the friendliness of getting up if I need a drink of water and not having to feel my way around.

The ambient light from the coffee pot clock and the stoves clock are pretty bright though, don't really need the lamp, but I like it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When Kid#2 worked nights he wore one of those, plus earplugs.
We thought we were being extremely quiet and tiptoeing around when he slept, but he says he was pretty sure we did a lot of yelling and door slamming. :lol:

Latest posts