Do You Leave A Light on at Night ?

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have a security light on the power pole outside that lights up the house. We blacked out the bedroom windows and shut the doors. Other lights in the house are the digital time clocks, they throw enough light to see your way around.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We live out in the country, no street lights here. We have a security light outside, plus the front/back porch lights. Helps when the dogs go to barking and you can look outside and see whats up. Inside, I leaves the light on over the stove in case someone needs to get up and we put a night light in our bathroom. There is no window in there, so it is pitch black. DH always has lights on, I'm always going behind him and turning them off.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't bother with solar motion lights. I purchased 2 both stopped working after a month. I love mighty light, battery motion light. On a dark night it gives a good amount of light.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Red: I sleep with a micro bead small square pillow over top my head. It helps keep the light and the sounds out. But lately, I've been needing ear plugs. DH, you know....

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Same here....I've never had a motion light to go bad at the various houses in which I've lived, so I'm thinking you might have gotten a bad brand or product, NYboy. I love the surprise factor of the motion light, catching both human and animal off guard.

Mom was thinking about doing a dusk to dawn light here and I vetoed that real quick and in a hurry. I like to see the stars and I like to sleep in the dark and wouldn't be able to do either with all that light pollution going on. I also don't like the humming noise they make...ruins the night sounds. Out in the country folks will put those up at unattended properties, thinking this will discourage prowlers but they just seem to give the thieves good lighting to work by.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Solar Motion light they run off sun not electric. Cat your right about bulbs, it is always the ones needing a ladder to change that burnout the quickest!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Solar Motion light they run off sun not electric. Cat your right about bulbs, it is always the ones needing a ladder to change that burnout the quickest!
I use a light for my chicks when they are old enough to go to an outdoor house but need a little heat. I found them huddled into the bedding looking dead, one morning last summer, with the new bulb out. They were alive and recovered. Now I use 2 bulbs when they are very young just in case.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Glade they recovered. I have a motion light at top of roof eve, need a ladder to change bulbs. When I saw flood bulbs that where suppose to last 5 years, I thought worth the much higher price. NOT did not last 1 year!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts