flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I bought the pectin because I talked to my mom and she told me that I needed to get pectin and then a recipe for the amount of sugar I would need to use but when I saw that it said 3 cups of juice and 5-5 1/2 cups of sugar, I just about thought to ask if I would need to be hospitalized for the diabetic coma I would be in🤣.

you can return it if you haven't opened it yet and get the other kind instead. this year i used some low sugar pectin powder for making strawberry freezer jam and it turned out well and tasted pretty close to the previous recipe which used a lot more sugar...

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So, husband and I are wanting to go to Boomtown for our 39th anniversary. The problem is trying to find someone to come down and take care of the animals. I did get my momma to agree to go with us to get away from the drama at home.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Finding responsible and knowledgeable people that can be trusted to care for our animals is a huge issue. Depending on how long your away & How man animals?
I hope you can find someone you can depend on to take care of your animals.

akroberts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Finding responsible and knowledgeable people that can be trusted to care for our animals is a huge issue. Depending on how long your away & How man animals?
Our youngest daughter is going to be able to come up to watch them. We have a rabbit, 2 dogs and 6 chickens. She's probably not the most ideal sitter but at least she's willing to do it for us so we have to go with the flow. I'm really excited now about going because my mom is going with us. She's always wanted to go to Boomtown but she's on a limited income so she hasn't been able to go. It's going to be fun to see her having fun and just relaxing.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My daughter has a difficult time finding cat sitters. She has two indoor cats that she spoils to death and finds it difficult to find someone who can provide the level of care they are used to if she wants to go on vacation.

Shades-of-Oregon

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Dahlia some veterinary services include cat and dog care while the parents are away on vaca. I would trust a care center at a veterinarian. Otherwise it is vert tricky. Sometimes Facebook or nextdoor have posts available for pet care.
Generally speaking neighbors take care of our dogs and cats. Just drop over a couple times a day. It’s an easy deal. I also have horses and I have been lucky that a couple neighbors have horses I ride with a lot. We take care of each others horses. The horses know them and vise versa. A lucky deal.